Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Introducing Paul Potts


This video is a clip from Britain's Got Talent. Paul won the competition and walked away with 100,000 pounds. Seems the folks across the pond DO know talent.

Official Website
Official MySpace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came across an article about him a few months ago, somethhng like car phone salesman wows judges in Britain's Got Talent, and went to the initial clip. I was hooked. All of his clips are on youtube & his website I think. There is something about his voice and demeanor that is captivating. I confess to watching all the media clips, talk shows etc. in England after he won. It was fun to see the mighty slammin Simon's face when Paul opened his mouth. The normally acid Piers found some sugar. Paul moved people to tears.

There is another new untrained group DIVO of the same genre but their voices cannot compare. I just know I have dropped a tear or two listening and watching him. I also don't tire of looking and listening to the clips.

There is a humbleness about him that is captivating and he says no Hollywood make over, one can only hope.

They say he is the next Pavarotti, I hope not. I hope he stays Paul Potts.

Imagine me gushing!

Sammie

dreamer said...

Indeed, there are many videos on You Tube. I was up half the night watching them, and then saw your comment this morning. Agreed, may he always stay Paul Potts, though his voice may rival Pavarotti's.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, his voice is truly unique. I was upset when they said he would be the next Pavarotti. One can only hope he keeps his humbleness. A tuxedo does not make the man. Nor do young beautiful women instead of their wives. Pavarotti fell into that trap. I loved the story of how he met her. I think some of the enchantment lies in the story combined with his incredible voice and surely his presence. Makes us realize dreams can come true.

Sammie