Chocotoxication
FRIDAY EVENING. I've been scarfing down Halloween candy for three days. My carefully chosen chocolate purchases were all for naught. Not one trick or treater showed up at our door. It's hard to not take this apparent snub personally. We left the lights on and heard children walking up the street, but no one came a-knockin'. Even the dog was depressed over this turn of events.
Anticipating leftover candy, I bought only my favorites. No Skittles, Jolly Ranchers or Gummy Worms--just chocolate. Delicious, smooth, intoxicating chocolate. I now question the wisdom behind this ill-conceived strategy.
Yes, I admit to expressing hope for leftover candy only a few days ago, but I honestly didn't realize how quickly the addiction would kick in. Those little snack-sized bars slide down too easily. One bar is never enough. Even two leave me craving another. M begged me to hide the bowl of treats. So I did. My file cabinet is now adorned with Kit-Kats, Snickers and Peanut Butter Cups.
I am slipping into a chocoholic stupor. Snickers bars are legal crack. It's possible we'll need to hire a contractor to widen our doorways. I fantasize about the neighbors finding me on the floor of my office, imprisoned by my own uncontrollably expanding hips, sweet chocolate elixir dripping from the corners of my mouth.




4 comments:
There was a little blurb in my local paper a few days before Halloween that today's kids prefer Tootsie Rolls. That surprised me but that's what I bought for my trick or treaters this year. However, I had a total of ONE trick or treater show up at my door so I had a big bowl of Tootsie Rolls left over. I'd forgotten how good they are...chewy and gooey and chocolatey...and they're just about gone! :)
Tootsie Rolls are good, but they require far too much effort. All that chewing...just the thought wears me out. I need a meeting. I'll meet you at CA (Chocoholics Anonymous) this evening.
I bet you didn't read my Halloween blog.
Same story:
We bought: Reeses Peanutbutter Cups, Reeses Fast Break, KitKats in white chocolate, triple chocolate, and special halloween version, and Goobers, Raisinettes, O-Henrys, $1000Hundred Grands.
Only had a few kids come to the door and I knew all of them.
So we've been getting lots of chocolate fixes here, too.
I just checked my blog, no wonder you didn't read about our chocolate. I didn't write it. I just put photos of our Jack-o'-Lanterns at night.
Judy
Post a Comment