Friday, January 26, 2007

I'm It

No, I'm not the "It Girl." I've been tagged by Wendy. I didn't even know I was playing a game. Evidently, I am, and now I'm it. As I understand it, my penance for being tagged is revealing six weird things about myself. Only six? Good heavens, "Weird" is my middle name. In the spirit of blogdom, I submit six strange things about myself, in no particular order, for your thoughtful consideration.

Six Weird Things About Me

1. I'm a nomad. I've lived in 32 different places, including one dormitory and two Brooklyn, NY transient hotels. That means I've moved 31 times. Oddly, it never gets easier. I lived in one apartment at two different times. Who moves out of a place and then moves back to the same unit 15 years later? (And after 15 years, the apartment was definitely worse for wear.) No, I've never lived in my car, a tent, or a tool shed (though the latter intrigues me). The time I've spent packing, unpacking, and setting up new utility services, not to mention the hours looking for new places to buy organic carrots and cheap gas, must account for at least five years of my life. In a perfect world, I would move only once more: to a funeral home. Amen.

2. I can wiggle one ear at a time. Other than providing an amusing diversion at holiday parties, this talent is really quite useless.

3. At fifteen I was told by a cute boy that my clodhopper feet looked like ferryboats. Since then I've been shopping exclusively at "Big Shoes 'R Us."

4. I talk to plants, trees and rocks. Like many other neo-Pagan Christian Buddhist Unitarian New Age Hindus, I've been known to celebrate the Vernal Equinox alone in the woods, dancing and singing praises to the Earth and Heavens. Generally, I keep my clothes on. It can be chilly in March, and sometimes it rains.

5. I often know when the phone will ring, and who will be calling. This is a tremendous asset for screening telemarketers. I often know what's in the mailbox, too. Unfortunately, this ability fails me when I'm puzzling over how I'll pay the rent.

6. I'm an alien. A sister from another planet. There's no other explanation for my apparent strangeness and inability to conform. My real home is in the Pleiades. I'm waiting for Verizon's Extended Network to include Erra, my home planet. If only they could find that wormhole...E.T. phone home!

Now the hard part. I need to tag six people. For starters, I'm tagging Al, Judy, and Mishy. Hey Russ, do you have a blog yet? I need to tag you. Start writing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have watched Yeshiva Boys several times also. I don't find you weird - does that make me weird? You are braver than I with a new puppy. Another very enjoyable cup of coffee reading your blog after the news. I have become way too big a hermit.

Sammie