Monday, October 22, 2007

Balloon Fiesta 2007

Here's the third chapter of a trilogy of slideshows of photos I took at the 2007 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. This year I actually got up at 4 am in order to get to the Balloon Fiesta Park by 5:15. "Dawn Patrol" consists of a handful of hot-air balloons that launch before dawn to check the winds aloft. At dawn the mass ascension begins, led by the Wells Fargo balloons, gently lifting off to the Star Spangled Banner, American flags hanging from the balloon baskets and rippling in the breeze. The day we went was one of two "Special Shapes Rodeo" days. When you watch the video below, you'll see what "special shapes" means.



Part 1

3 comments:

Portable Graffiti said...

Nice show!

So many neat shaped balloons, I can't think of a favorite. The 2 bees, the sea animals, the witch. Some are just so strange to see floating in the air, like trucks and lighthouses.

Cute touch with the kids more into soccer than paying attention to the Balloon Festival.

As I've said before, folks would pay for your vacation package: Bed and Breakfast complete with tour guides, souvenir blog and slide show.

dreamer said...

I am thinking of offering a vacation package. I will call it "Cranky Woman Vacations: By and For Cranky Women." Do you think it will sell?

raggedlyrich said...

We miss your entries :-(