Dieties In Our Food
SATURDAY. I came across this item from the AP early this morning.
"Workers at Angiano's gourmet chocolate company, Bodega Chocolates, discovered under a vat a 2-inch-tall column of chocolate drippings that they believe bears a striking resemblance to the Virgin Mary.
"Since the discovery Monday, Angiano's employees have spent much of their time hovering over the tiny figure, praying and placing rose petals and candles around it."

Several years ago, a British woman sold her 10-year-old cheese sandwich bearing the image of the Virgin for $28,000 on eBay.

And we all remember the sad story of the Mother Teresa cinnamon bun (the "Nun Bun"), stolen from a Tennessee coffee shop on Christmas Day, 2005, where it was lovingly ensconced in a display case.

But wait, there's more. There's the Virgin Mary toast --

...the Jesus toast (I think this looks more like Che Guevara, but since I haven't seen a recent photo of Jesus, I can't be sure...) --

...and, as a recent Southwest transplant, I cast my vote for my personal favorite, the Virgin Mary tortilla.

I'm off to Einstein's now to find Buddha in a bagel, with a shmear that might just resemble the Pillsbury Doughboy.




2 comments:
That top photo looks like a bird to me, maybe a hawk?
Judy:
I thought it looked like a bald eagle. Or maybe just a big blob of dripping chocolate. But I guess you had to be there...
Post a Comment