Corrales Harvest Fest
SATURDAY. It was a perfect day to visit the Corrales Harvest Fest, so we piled into the Caravan with Murphy and headed north. Corrales, an oasis in a rapidly-growing metropolitan area, is a rural community a few miles and a world away from Albuquerque. I think we need to explore more of Corrales. It looks like a great place to live.
Murphy dragged us past numerous vendor and artisan tents, but in all honesty there was no time to stop. This dog was on a mission, determined to track every animal and human that had passed through the Festival. Many folks stopped to say hello to him. He was quite pleased with all the attention.
M devoured a tasty vegetarian Pueblo Taco for lunch, a spicy dish consisting of Indian fry bread topped with beans, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and green chile. Murphy nibbled from a tray of wheat grass specially prepared for dogs. I wasn't hungry, so I snapped photos instead, drinking in the clean dry air and deep blue sky. We rested on some colorful benches in the shade behind one of several sound stages.
Murphy, now fully recovered from his bout with kennel cough, enjoyed the shade.
This young alpaca was happy to pose for photos. Alpacas are smaller than llamas. This one looked like he'd make a sweet pet. 
When we returned home at 1:30, Murphy went to sleep for the rest of the afternoon. Both of his humans dozed off as well. It is horrifying to consider that we're approaching that stage of life when daily naps are no longer a luxury, but a necessity.
Good grief.




1 comment:
OK not that it matters but I have decided I like the new colors. They are perfect with the pictures and very deserty. NH is dreary today after a beautiful day yesterday. Went to NC to meet my son who took a wrong turn and wound up in traffic. It never ceases to amaze me with all the roads to circumvent Rt. 16 everyone just sits for hours in that snaking mess. It is Fryeburg Fair week. I have enterd my bears in the Fair photography contest - haha -there are so many great photos. I wanted to enter just once & it was a beautiful day for a drive. It was interesting to wander around before the fair opens, I wish I had brought my camera. No smells or sounds which was strange when all was pretty well set up and lights were on. The Ferris Wheel was still just waiting for it's first thrilling ride.
Sammie
Post a Comment