Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A New Day, A New Attitude

TUESDAY. As I gaze up from my keyboard, turning my head slightly to the left, I survey the Sandias only a few miles to the east. Majestic and unmovable, they are sheltered under a canopy of blue sky and a few cottony clouds. Just two days ago the mountains were cloud covered. Storms raged atop the steep slopes all day.

My recent personal storms have passed, giving way to hope, blue skies, and a renewed sense of purpose. A local satellite company will install high-speed satellite internet for us in a week--possibly five days if Bob can reach the Sunday installer. Even better, Satellite Wholesale can connect us to DirecTV tomorrow. TOMORROW! I await the confirmatory phone call and eagerly anticipate cancelling my Comcast order. Suddenly everything seems brighter. Food tastes better, the air smells cleaner, and colors seem more vibrant this morning.

I think we'll wait on DirecTV. It's been refreshing to have the opportunity to break the TV addiction. Home is more peaceful without 900 channels. With only a handful from which to choose, and rabbit ears that need constant tweaking, we spend far less time in front of the TV. I am even finding more time to read! Imagine!

Life is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to see that everything is coming together for you. The telecommunication system there seems archaic. maybe your email will be forthcoming as i haven't heard from you or mousie or anyone in a long time.may the rest of this new road be a smooth one , my old friend.aedxqt

Anonymous said...

Yeah, not being able to work in peace and comfort must be distressing. I rarely use my office as it is so dark and i cannot see out. Now with the laptop my living room has become a bit messy but contained to one table. But i look out onto the world so I can live with it. I have only had 3 TV station for so many years I cannot remember. When I go somewhere and there are a zillion channels I get too confused. I do read a lot, mainly fiction for pleasure. My education has probably gone as far as it can and I do learn from day to day living. I have been trying to walk every day or two at White Lake SP and the loons have been so vocal. It is a wonderful experience. Today I hope to kayak and take some pictures. Life is good because i woke up, put my feet on the floor and am vertical for one more day.

Sammie