Sandia Crest
I had to work today, but Marcia and Kelly took the Tram up to Sandia Crest to view the world from two miles up. Kelly took lots of photos.



It was hot at the summit, but the adventurers took off to explore one of many mountain trails.
It's hard to believe, but there are sea fossils at the summit. They found these fossils on the trail.








When they returned, I took them out to Las Mañanitas for dinner. Kelly likes to preserve her meals for all posterity with her camera. Exhibit 1: Beef Enchiladas, New Mexican style (i.e., FLAT, not ROLLED). The two containers of condiments are chiles - red and green.
I borrowed Kelly's camera to shoot these.

Kelly leaves tomorrow. She's busy trying to cram everything in her duffle bag. I think I may be taking a trip to the Post Office tomorrow to mail a few things for her.
It will be lonely here without Kelly.




2 comments:
You couldn't pay me to go on that tram.
A big thank you to Marcia for taking her on that thing.
The hiking, on the other hand, looks so enticing and peaceful.
And the Mexican food makes me hungry.
I like the photo of Kelly in the threshold.
I'm going to miss the further adventures of Kelly unless she starts her own blog when she gets back home.
I have a question as to whether Kelly and that tree were formally introduced before that photo was taken?
Judy, The tram isn't that bad. It's almost like flying. I even let go of the railing a couple of times to take a picture when I went up solo.
I'm glad to see that the snow on the crest has finally melted.
It seems to me that we've got another convert to the New Mexico life style.
Post a Comment