Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Day 22: No Dancing Allowed

TUESDAY. 9:20 AM. I received an email this morning with a fervert plea to stop the rain dance. A friend who lives in the SE foothills of Albuquerque wrote to let me know that my dancing produced copious hail and five inches of water in her back yard, two inches of which wound up in her living room. I'm hanging up my dance shoes. There are puddles of standing water in the hotel parking lot this morning, even though the rain stopped early last evening. At 8 AM the humidity was a moist 69%.

We're hoping to hit the road tomorrow morning for a swift sprint back to Florida. The hotel is moving us to another room today. We've been in the special needs room since the rat incident and someone else needs the room tonight. I'm hoping the car will be ready early this afternoon so we can run our errands and be ready to escape first thing Wednesday morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh!! I forgot about your rain dance!!
No wonder it's been raining cats and dogs here in SW Virginia!! We've had over 13 inches of rain since Friday so STOP THAT DANCING!! :)

dreamer said...

Janet: The citizens of Albuquerque have bound my feet. I'll not be doing the fandango anytime soon.

Portable Graffiti said...

Good. Maybe you can stop the rain here too in NY.