Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad
va-ca-tion
1 : a respite or a time of respite from something; intermission
2 : a period of exemption from work granted to an employee for rest and relaxation
3 : a period spent away from home or business in travel or recreation
One of these days we'll actually leave for vacation. I seem to be stuck in a strange tropical vortex. I nap when I should be packing, swim when I should be making sandwiches, read when I should be poring over roadmaps marking our route.
I had hoped to put my work behind me this month and lapse into aimless vacation mode. I just didn't expect it would happen before we left Florida. M is busy unpacking boxes. Yes, that's right. Unpacking.
One more day won't make a difference, or so I keep telling myself. At least I can watch The Apprentice finale tonight from the comfort of my own couch. After tonight, however, there are no more excuses. We really have to get this show on the road. Literally. You'd think we were avoiding open heart surgery instead of a fun roadtrip to the American Southwest.
I have packed a few bags and they are sitting on my bedroom floor. Murphy is sound asleep on my bed. We are living in the moment.




No comments:
Post a Comment