No Drought Here
MONDAY. I cleaned the pool this morning and pumped out several inches of rainwater. It's the rainy season in Florida. We had more heavy rain and thunderstorms this afternoon, so I'll need to pump out an additional few inches. I'm thinking of sending it to Albuquerque, but first I need to find a 2,000 mile length of PVC pipe. I'm wondering if Home Depot can help me.
The rain has nearly stopped now. Deep puddles punctuate the end of neighborhood driveways and swales are full to bursting. This is is the way they do thunderstorms in Florida: briefly and intensely. If only some of this water could be diverted to areas that really need it. I don't mind sharing.
Unable to do anything other than clean the pool and buy some food at Publix (I brought 2 sets of car keys with me), naps were my primary focus today. I have yet to unpack my bags. It takes too much energy and my brain seems to be in neutral. Today I'm full of doubts and fears about moving to New Mexico. Am I making a terrible mistake? I'm hoping my doubts will go away if I nap.
Murphy played heartily in the pool this morning before crashing midday. He's been sleeping for about 6 hours now, waking briefly to eat dinner before again slipping into the arms of Morpheus.
Murphy is very wise. These days he is my greatest teacher.
I wonder if there's anything good on TV tonight.




1 comment:
These photos look like home to us. I understand your doubts. All we need is a big hurricane to wipe away the doubts.
Post a Comment