Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Sunny Start

SUNDAY. It's 8 AM. Though my inclination was to sleep in, my brain had other ideas, propelling me out of my warm, comfy bed quite early this morning. Taking the advice of several friends, I'm lugging my LP's to New Mexico and will leave my clothes behind. It seems logical. Clothes bring me only a smattering of pleasure. Unlike my mother, who believes the folks from "Style Court" should pay me a visit, I'm not one who gets excited over a new outfit. In my world, clothes are purely functional. My old LPs, however, flood me with scores of wonderful memories. I'd rather be naked and happy than sad and well-dressed. I probably won't pack the LP's in the fridge for moving, but I do have other ideas about how to transport them. There's always the washing machine.

Our recycle bins are full to the brim this morning. We may have to borrow our snowbird neighbor's bins. The sheer volume of paper we are recycling is staggering. M has been going through teaching materials and has recycled at least 10 tons of paper this weekend. OK, that's an exaggeration, but we'll still need a forklift to set the bins out for collection tomorrow morning.

Murphy seems content to ignore our packing and swim whenever possible. We are learning that we can't open the sliders to the pool deck more than 3 inches, because he will dart between our legs and make a beeline (or in his case, a Labline) for the pool. His priorities are pretty clear.

Despite blue skies this morning, the unsettled weather continues in Florida. Several tropical systems were noted in this morning's National Hurricane Center's Tropical Outlook, delivered to my Inbox daily. I will, of course, keep a watchful eye on the storms for signs of cyclonic development. I did, after all, make it rain in Albuquerque.

I hear an Osprey squawking. Sunny Sunday mornings are usually special times for the neighborhood birds. They seem more willing to visit us and sing louder on Sundays. Most of my favorite bird photos were taken on Sunday mornings. I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed shooting them.

2 comments:

Portable Graffiti said...

From the peanut gallery again:
Just up the road from your house corner of 41 is Waste Management, enter door, sign for 2 more recycle bins. They give you nice new ones to take home.

I have 6 recycle bins at my house in FL. I kept going back for 2 more, and 2 more, until I had 6.

Only takes a minute to get them.

dreamer said...

Judy: Thanx, that's a good idea. M just finished putting all the recycling out. I hope it doesn't rain again tonight. Those bins full of catalogues and papers will weigh a ton if they get wet.