Return of the POD
WEDNESDAY. PODS (Portable On Demand Storage) will be delivering a 16 foot container to us tomorrow. We will then attempt to cram as much as possible into it. It will sit in our driveway until July 26, when a huge flatbed will collect it. On August 5 they'll deliver it to our home in Albuquerque. We became well acquainted with PODS after Charley forced us out of our home for five months during renovations.
I didn't write a blog entry yesterday. It's the first day I've missed in probably six weeks. I guess I've just been too tired. My brain and body are still in Mountain Time. It took two days to unpack most of my bags, and the last three are still sitting on my bedroom floor awaiting my attention.
The weather guys said it would be very stormy this afternoon, but so far it's been only sunny and wonderful. I'm trying to spend as much time as I can in the pool each afternoon, playing with Murphy. Soon we won't have a pool or a waterfront view. My Florida chapter is drawing to a close. I'll miss the palm trees, the birds and the salt air. (But not the mosquitoes.) Perhaps some day I'll return when I'm more inclined to spend less time working and more time enjoying all that Florida has to offer.
It's hard to be leaving this picturesque neighborhood, the wildlife, and the harbor just beyond the trees. It's hard to leave my pool. 

Note: For those of you not familiar with Florida, that screened structure around the pool is a pool cage. Cages help keep errant swimming pools from escaping in the dead of night.




No comments:
Post a Comment